University Vascular offers the highest caliber, state of the art, treatment for varicose veins. After a thorough examination and evaluation, we will decide on the best procedure for treating the source of your varicose veins. We will use a non-invasive endovenous laser therapy using of the VenaCure EVLT or radiofrequency ablation to relieve pain and treat your varicose veins.
This is an in-office procedure requires no hospital stay, minimal-to-no scarring, minimum recovery and minimal-to-no side effects. In less than an hour, you can be free from bulging, twisted varicose veins and back to enjoying your everyday activities. Both procedures are safe, fast, and effective. Learn more about vein disease, compare varicose vein removal treatment alternatives, hear what other patients and the media are saying, and then, if you think you’re a candidate, call us to schedule an appointment and to arrange your evaluation.
EVLT and RFA target energy to seal the vein shut and help you look and feel better fast.
- Treatment in less than an hour.
- Can be performed in the doctor’s office.
- Up to 98% success rate.
- Immediate relief of symptoms.
- Return to normal activity immediately – with little or no pain.
- No general anesthesia or hospitalization.
- Minimal-to-no scarring.
- Typically is covered by insurance.
During your EVLT or RFA procedure:
- Our physicians will use an ultrasound to map out your vein.
- Local anesthetic is applied.
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee.
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed; just avoid rigorous activities such as gym workouts.
- There may be minor soreness and bruising. Any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter, non-aspirin pain relievers as necessary.